Job Title: Communications Associate
Organization: Arizona Center For Empowerment / Living United for Change in Arizona
Status: Full-Time Salaried Position
Reports to: Communication Director
WHO WE ARE:
Arizona Center for Empowerment (ACE), is a community-led and driven organization committed to raising new leadership in Arizona by confronting the most pressing needs of its often-under-served communities. Its sister organization, Living United for Change in Arizona (LUCHA), is an organization led by changemakers fighting for social, racial, and economic transformation.
At ACE, we seek to create a more inclusive and just standard of equality in Arizona through civic engagement and strategic efforts regarding issues such as immigration, democracy, voting rights, living wages, and education. By increasing opportunities for education, leadership development, technical assistance, and training, ACE supports the work of community organizations and leaders who are transforming their communities to create a more sustainable future for all Arizona families.
At LUCHA, we organize low- and moderate-income and minority families to take action on the issues most important to them and advance the cause of social and economic justice for all.
This person will report to the Director of Communications and work to increase the visibility of Living United for Change in Arizona and the Arizona Center for Empowerment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Developing and implementing communications and public relations strategies to support the organization's mission and goals.
● Writing and editing content for various channels, such as the website and newsletters, and supporting social media efforts when needed
● Assisting the Director of Communications in developing and maintaining relationships with media outlets and journalists
● Coordinating with various departments and promoting events and campaigns
● Tracking and analyzing metrics to measure the success of communications efforts
● Collaborating with other departments to ensure consistency in messaging and branding
● Staying informed about industry trends and best practices
● Reviewing and editing written materials created by other members of the organization to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency
● Proofreading and fact-checking documents before they are published
● Writing and editing content for various channels, such as the website, newsletters, annual reports, brochures, and social media
● Creating compelling stories and messages that align with the organization's mission and goals
● Identifying and writing about newsworthy events, programs, and initiatives related to the organization
● Developing and telling compelling stories about the organization's mission, programs, and impact to engage and inspire stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, and the general public
● Identifying and sharing inspiring stories from members, volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders
● Creating multimedia content, such as videos and infographics, to tell the organization's stories in an engaging and impactful way.
● A bachelor's degree (preferred but not required) or a minimum associates degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
● 1-2 years of experience in communications, public relations, or a related field,
● Experience working with non-profits or in the social sector is a plus but not always a requirement.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience with content creation, editing, and proofreading
● Experience with social media management and analytics
● Strong project management and organizational skills
● Strong attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
● Strong storytelling and narrative development skills
● Proficiency in G Suite programs like Docs, Sheets, Drive, and Slides; Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Skills in design software (e.g., Canva), blogging software (e.g., WordPress), and social media platforms.
● Passion for the mission and goals of the organization
● Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team environment
● Strong time management and multitasking skills
● Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends in the field
● Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
● Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
● Empathetic and committed to LUCHA/ACE mission and values.
EARNINGS AND OTHER PERKS:
● Salary Range 50,000 - 55,000 DOE
● Wellness stipend
● Phone stipend
● 25K life insurance
● 50% employer-paid Health, vision, and dental
● Complementary access to therapy and counseling with AES (Jorgensen Brooks Group)
● Company paid Holidays
● Generous paid time off, including a paid winter break.
● Hybrid workplace- must be based in Arizona and available for in-person events.
● A team with diverse experiences
● After one year of employment, we offer generous paternity and maternity leave
● Passionate, fun, creative, and innovative team
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit www.luchaaz.org/apply and submit your application directly through our website. Please attach a resume, cover letter, and list of professional references to your application.
RECRUITMENT COMMUNICATION: Human Resources may contact you at various stages of the recruitment process if you meet the qualifications for the position. This contact will be via email or phone only. Please make sure your email address and phone number are accurate.
We do not accept walk-in, or hand delivered application materials nor applicant calls regarding open, pending, or closed positions.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. LUCHA may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staf are fundamental principles at LUCHA, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. LUCHA /ACE reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at LUCHA, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.